5 Ways Our Specialist Installation Process Ensures Your Project Succeeds
The process of installing a wood floor is similar with most wood flooring companies, generally with the type of floor being the starting point. At Roger Hyde Limited our process is unique to the company and includes; how the floor is being used, which will affect the finish, which will influence how the floor is cleaned, and maintenance needed to protect the initial investment. We want to ensure that a floor, finish, cleaning and maintenance go hand in hand, so the floor will look good for longer and maintenance is as avoidable and practical as possible.
What we do differently in our installation process sets us apart from most wood flooring companies. The following five points show you why our process sets us apart and what we do differently to install and maintain a floor before, during and after the project:
- Aesthetic requirement
- Sub-floor build up
- UFH heating
- How the floor will be used
- Environmental considerations such as ethically forested timber with FSC or PEFC certification
- All important aspect affecting the type of floor
- Species of wood all have their pros and cons – the type of design will affect our recommendation
- Type of plank to fit with budget, aesthetic and how it fulfils the design specification
- We can source from around the world for bespoke designs, beautifully high grade wood, long, wide planks, intricate panels and wood for sports use
- Each finish has advantages and disadvantages – site finishing has many considerations for installations, including drying times and carefully planning and preparation, to ensure finishes adhere, look good and last.
- New flooring can be ordered pre-finished to match a sample to save time on site. We can help you match a chosen finish to be compatible with the cleaning regime available.
- It is essential that the process of cleaning is simple and easy to follow, otherwise it is often not followed and the floor will not look good, likely to prematurely wear and cost more money than it should to maintain.
- We understand cleaning and maintenance, which is why we forward cleaning instructions, and cleaning methods can be demonstrated on every job.
- All floors will wear over time. When planning maintenance has gone into the design phase, surprises can be avoided. Whether maintenance is required out of hours to accommodate availability of areas, or extensive works needed, our experience over 50 years’ is invaluable.
We are a family owned company that has been in business since 1968. Our interest is in not only installing wood floors, but maintaining your floors or helping you maintain your floors for the foreseeable future.
Call or email us in regards to your wood floor installation.
Managed Maintenance Service
We are pleased to offer a Managed Maintenance Service, where we can tailor a service agreement to your requirements, giving you peace of mind that your floor will not only last longer but look good for longer. We would be delighted to discuss a tailored maintenance service with you.
We provide a 12 month workmanship guarantee on all our works for your peace of mind in knowing that our experienced technicians will work with you, not against you and we will honour that guarantee by offering 6-12 monthly courtesy calls after the works are completed.