6 ways to ensure your Junckers floor looks as good as the day it was installed
Practical Maintenance Tips and Proven Techniques for your Hotel Floors from Roger Hyde Limited, together with Junkers
Ensuring your Junckers floor is kept clean will enhance its natural beauty and extend its longevity, cutting costs of major refurbishments, or replacing the floor in the long run. Timescales obviously depend on the frequency and standard of cleaning. We have put together 6 maintenance tips and proven methods for you to get an idea of what to do to keep your Junckers floor looking beautiful for your staff and guests.
You can download the guide here: 6 Ways to keep your Junckers floor looking as good as the day it was installed
Or read on for the steps.
- Set up a regular check of the flooring condition
- Nominate a specific person who will carry out the checks regularly to ensure the floor is ok and not wearing or marked.
- The tell-tale signs of wear and tear are ingrain dirt, seal worn, score mark scratches
- Higher wear areas, such as lifts, receptions and bar areas will need the most attention on checks and more frequent maintenance
- Create and use a written maintenance schedule
- This should be provided by your flooring company once they have installed your floor, with a checklist of actions that should be completed and signed by the person responsible for regularly checking the floor condition.
- Always use the recommended cleaning materials.
- The differences between using the recommended cleaning materials, and cheaper alternative cleaning materials can easily mean that the life of your floors will be double that of less-effective cleaning materials.
- Different types of materials needed. The type of cleaning material needed to get best results will depend on whether you have oiled or lacquered floors. Do not assume that a general cleaner will produce adequate results.
- If something is split onto the floor in a hotel room or public area, and hand soap or washing up liquid is used to remove the spillage, the floor will get sticky and residue may form and cause the colour of the floor to change. If that happens, rinse with cold water and a mop and wipe up the residual water up after cleaning.
- The side-effects you will see if you use cheap materials is that the surface will look poor and will deteriorate quicker, costing you more in maintenance in the short and long term.
- Schedule a professional survey of your floor’s condition every 2-3 years.
- We offer a free site survey, in which we review the following:
- What is the floor type
- Where is it located in the building
- The floor size in square metres
- What maintenance is currently carried out to the floor
- What are you looking to achieve
- What are your expectations
- Protect your floor from scratches/dirt/marks by doing the following:
- Use felt pads to cover chair legs
- Make sure quality entrance mats are used in public areas
- Ensure the floor maintenance is not missed, otherwise the wear and tear will occur faster
- For a small fee each month, your floor can be managed with our Maintenance contract.
- Our Managed Maintenance Service makes certain your wood floor surface is clean, slip resistant, and is regularly monitored for wear. This service takes the hassle and worry out of looking after your floor and ensures the floor’s longevity. We arrange a plan together that works for you and your floor. We want your floor to look great for a long time, without costly floor refurbishments.
For many years we have worked with Junckers as one of their approved contractors, fitting and refurbishing their floors for a variety of customers. Junckers offer a wide range of flooring to suit a variety of needs.
Junckers have manufactured solid wood floors since the 1930’s, as well as offering oil and lacquer floor treatments since the 1950’s. We at Roger Hyde Limited have been installing and maintaining floors since the 1960’s which means between us, we have over 100 years’ experience in solid wood floors. Who else would be better to fit and maintain your floors?
After your Junckers floor has been installed, we recommend that it is scrubbed and sealed by a flooring technician every 2-5 years to keep it looking like new, with a sand and seal required, again by a flooring technician approximately every 10-20 years, depending on the wear and tear the floor receives.
We offer a free site survey to assess your floor, providing any maintenance recommendations and work with you to your budget to ensure the health of your floor is maintained.
All works are guaranteed for 12 months from completion! This covers our all of our works, so you can be assured that if something unexpected happens to the floor within 12 months of our works taking place, we will come back to solve the problem, or provide maintenance advice. We consistently aim for excellence. Our guarantee establishes the standard of works we expect from our flooring technician team.
Call or email us today to discuss your Junckers floor refurbishment. 01787 463348.